SF officer's body found near marina
Authorities searched for the officer when is unmanned boat was found with the key in the ignition
By PoliceOne Staff
SAN FRANCISCO — Authorities found an officer’s body in the waters of San Pablo Bay Tuesday after a search was initiated when his boat was discovered with the keys in the ignition and his wallet and cell phone on board.
Michael Roberts, 56, had been with the San Francisco sheriff’s department since 1998, according to SF Weekly.
“Deputy Michael Roberts was a hardworking and well-respected 15-year veteran of the San Francisco’s Sheriff’s Department,” the SF Deputy Sheriff’s Association said in a statement. “We are deeply saddened by his death and offer our heartfelt sympathies to Mike’s wife and children. I speak on behalf of all of our deputies in saying that Mike will be missed.”
Foul play is not suspected in the death, officials said.
- Off Duty
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police