Video: Cleveland police rescue captives from Castro’s home
Cell phone video from a bystander caught the dramatic moment police entered the home on tape
The Daily Mail
CLEVELAND – Two women driving around their Cleveland neighborhood became witnesses to a historic rescue when they shot a video of police raiding the home of kidnapping suspect Ariel Castro.
Jasmina Baldrich and Ashley Colon thought they were about to be pulled over last Monday when they noticed a police cruiser behind them, and turned onto Seymour Avenue. There, they saw a heavy police presence, with officers approaching Castro's house. The spectacle prompted Miss Baldrich to take out her iPhone and start videotaping what was going on.
In the video, cops can be seen prying open the front door of Castro's house. Once open, they flood into the home, some reaching for their handguns. The women also said that they saw a woman pass who claimed that she was Amanda Berry, and they couldn't believe their ears.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert