Video: State police salute 15 LODDs in Washington
Fifteen troopers’ names were read Friday as men and women in uniform lined the walkway in front of the state police barracks
By Sarah Bradshaw
The Poughkeepsie Journal
WASHINGTON — A few drops fell from the sky as Dutchess County’s law enforcement community took a moment to salute fellow troopers killed in the line of duty.
Fifteen troopers’ names were read Friday as men and women in uniform lined the walkway in front of the state police barracks.
The New York State Police’s annual Memorial Day Ceremony at Troop K is a decades-old tradition that recognizes those who have “made the ultimate sacrifice,” said Troop K commander Maj. Michael Kopy. “This is the most important thing that I do in any given year,” he said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help