Slain deputy's uniform will be a part of history
Sgt. Ben Wilder, Jr. was killed during an arrest in 1962; his uniforms will now be part of the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office museum
By Laura C. Morel
Tampa Bay Times
TAMPA, Fla. — She plopped the albums on the dining table. Dorothy Wilder Alster, 87, sifted through the delicate, yellowed pages filled with photographs from decades past.
One showed Alster and Ben Wilder Jr. laughing in the Philadelphia snow the day he proposed. Another page held a telegram from him. "Darling," he called her.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Slain deputy's uniform will be a part of history
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy