Final 2 sentenced 25 years in NY cop's slaying
Each received 25 years for the death of Detective Peter Figoski, who was fatally shot during a botched robbery
By Josh Saul
The New York Post
NEW YORK — The final two thugs from the burglary crew that murdered hero NYPD Detective Peter Figoski got what was coming to them yesterday.
Ringleader Nelson Morales, 28, and career criminal Kevin Santos, 32, both got the maximum of 25 years to life in prison for their roles in the botched East New York burglary in which another thug, Lamont Pride, fatally shot father-of-four Figoski in December 2011.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Final 2 sentenced 25 years in NY cop's slaying
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house