Miss. officer struck and killed on highway
Officer Bruce Jacobs had just removed a barbeque grill that had fallen onto the highway and was attempting to place it in the trunk of his patrol car
Duty Death: Bruce Jacobs - [Jackson, Mississippi]
By PoliceOne Staff
JACKSON, Miss. — Officer Bruce Jacobs was struck and killed by a vehicle on Interstate 55 at approximately 0130 hours Saturday, according to ODMP.
Jacobs had just removed a barbeque grill that had fallen onto the highway and was attempting to place it in the trunk of his patrol car when he was struck from behind.
Jacobs — who had served with the Jackson Police Department for five years — was transported to University of Mississippi Medical Center where he succumbed to his injuries.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police