Miss. officer struck and killed on highway
Officer Bruce Jacobs had just removed a barbeque grill that had fallen onto the highway and was attempting to place it in the trunk of his patrol car
Duty Death: Bruce Jacobs - [Jackson, Mississippi]
By PoliceOne Staff
JACKSON, Miss. — Officer Bruce Jacobs was struck and killed by a vehicle on Interstate 55 at approximately 0130 hours Saturday, according to ODMP.
Jacobs had just removed a barbeque grill that had fallen onto the highway and was attempting to place it in the trunk of his patrol car when he was struck from behind.
Jacobs — who had served with the Jackson Police Department for five years — was transported to University of Mississippi Medical Center where he succumbed to his injuries.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court