Unable to walk, with recovery uncertain, wounded Calif. cop struggles to rebuild her life
Brent Hopkins, Staff writer
The Daily News of Los Angeles
Copyright 2006 Tower Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Officer Kristina Ripatti feels cold all the time. Her fingers tingle.
Harsh red scars dot her otherwise smooth, tanned right arm. The tough cop who earned respect on the streets now sits in a wheelchair.
"Running around, chasing people, that's what I wanted to do," she says. "I loved it. I didn't even want to take vacation."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms