Retired veteran duo still patrols Ohio streets
The two men have a combined 90 years of experience in law enforcement, and a slew of accomplishments
By Kate Ussin
MONTGOMERY CO., Ohio — When you think of classic cop buddies, the 1970's television crime fighting duo Starsky and Hutch likely comes to mind. However, there's a partnership here at home more classic than the show's Ford Gran Torino.
The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office just can't seem to shake Herb and Larry and that's a good thing. The two have an unquenchable appetite for law enforcement work. They were decorated deputies in Montgomery County in their early years.
Now, in retirement, they're still with the department, but as volunteers for the Crime Alert Program. It is something they've been doing for 24 years and counting, side by side. Together, they have a combined 90 years of law enforcement experience.
Full Story: Friends serve beyond the badge
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend