Ky. officer collapses, dies on duty
Chad Shaw, 47, was assisting at a school when he suddenly collapsed and died shortly after
Duty Death: Chad Shaw - [McCracken County, Kentucky]
End of Service: 08/06/2013
By PoliceOne Staff
MCCRACKEN COUNTY, Ky. — A sheriff's deputy who was assisting staff at a school as they prepared for the new school year died Tuesday shortly after collapsing.
Chad Shaw, 47, was taken to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead, according to WPSD.
"Deputy Shaw will always be remembered for his love for his family, his love for helping others, and the thoroughness in the way he did his job as a public servant for the citizens that he served,” said Sheriff Jon Hayden. “We would ask that everyone pray for his wife Margaret, and their two daughters.”
The McCracken County Coroner’s Office is investigating the cause of his death, according to KFVS12.
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house