Ala. cop killed in crash driving home
9-year veteran Michael Stockwell was on his way home in an unmarked city car when he was hit
Duty Death: Michael Stockwell - [Orange Beach, Alabama]
End of Service: 09/17/2013
By PoliceOne Staff
FOLEY, Ala. — An off-duty Orange Beach police officer was killed Tuesday night in a two-vehicle crash driving home from his shift.
Officials say Investigator Michael Dale Stockwell, a nine-year veteran, was driving home in an unmarked white city police car when it collided with another vehicle, according to Local 15 TV.
The other driver involved in the accident was reportedly not injured. An investigation is ongoing.
Stockwell was working with Orange Beach’s Narcotics Unit, and trained women to use firearms. He was set to become a full-time training officer in October.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman