Fla. police K-9 dies following on-duty injury
A glass panel fell on Max while investigating a burglary and he died at the veterinary hospital from his wounds
The Miami Herald
MIAMI — The Miami Gardens Police Department will hold services on Wednesday for a K-9 officer killed in the line of duty.
Max, a German Shepherd, died after being mortally injured investigating a burglary call in the city on Sept. 12.
Officials said Max was sent into the home through a window, but a glass panel fell on him and severely cut his ear.
Max was taken to Hollywood Animal Hospital for surgery, but during the procedure, veterinarians said his cardiovascular system failed and they were unable to save him.
Max had been assigned to Officer Chris Bezio since 2009.
The memorial in Max's honor will be held at 10 a.m. at Tropical Park Officers Memorial at 7900 SW 40th St.
Copyright 2013 The Miami Herald
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house