Video: Cop rescues mother, children in Kenya mall attack
A plainclothes officer guided the terrified family to safety as terrorists are heard yelling in the background
By Anthony Bond
NAIROBI, Kenya — A woman and her children were playing dead on the ground after gun-wielding terrorists stormed the Nairobi shopping center and began killing shoppers.
A police man inside the building spotted the trio and bravely decided to rescue them. As he gets close to the mother, he taps her on the shoulder. But clearly terrified and shocked by what she has witnessed, she is reluctant to leave.
Eventually, the man persuades the woman to go with him. As the children get up from the ground, one of them looks directly at the camera in tears.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court