Calif. cop saves abandoned dog in labor with 9 puppies
The officer put the distressed dog in her vehicle and rushed her to the vet
By Alan Wang
NEWARK, Calif. — Officer Jennifer Bloom pulled up to a park in Newark and found an abandoned German Shepherd tied to a bench. It was pregnant and in labor.
Bloom says the dog was in distress and she was trying to bury one of her puppies that was already dead. Carefully, bloom removed the dog and took it to the Central Veterinary Hospital in Fremont.
Police are investigating this as an animal cruelty case. There was no microchip or tags, so the veterinary workers named her "Bristol" and if no one claims the dog, she and her puppies will be available for adoption.
- Women Officers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper