Tenn. officer killed in crash on way to work
Deputy Torrance Suggs, 39, lost control of his vehicle and crashed into a construction site on his way to the station
Duty Death: Torrance Suggs - [Shelby County, Tennessee]
End of Service: 10/21/2013
By PoliceOne Staff
SHELBY COUNTY, Tenn. — The Shelby County Sheriff’s Office is mourning the loss of a deputy who lost control of his vehicle and drove onto a construction site on his way to work Monday night.
Deputy Torrance Suggs, 39, died in the one-vehicle crash, according to WREG.
When Suggs was absent from roll call, officers searched for him and found his vehicle, which had struck a large construction trailer on a dark two-lane road, according to WMCTV.
Suggs had been with the Shelby County Sheriff's Office since 2007. He is survived by a wife and two children.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help