Ala. cop found dead of apparent heart attack
Allen Kay, 60, was found dead in his camper after working a midnight shift security detail in Talladega
By PoliceOne Staff
FORT PAYNE, Ala. — A deputy at the DeKalb County jail died at the Talladega Superspeedway Saturday.
Allen Kay, 60, was found dead in his camper after working a midnight shift as part of the mounted police patrolling the area in Talladega. Kay was also a nurse for the DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office medical department.
According to WHNT, Kay appears to have died of a heart attack.
“He was a man of integrity, a hard worker, and was well-respected,” said DeKalb County Sheriff Jimmy Harris. “He will be missed by the Sheriff’s office co-workers, family and friends. May God be with his family and friends during this tragic time.”
Kay leaves behind a wife, daughter, and four grandchildren.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court