Video: 'Collier Strong' documentary honors slain MIT cop
The eight-minute documentary honors the MIT officer who was killed by the bombing suspects of the Boston Marathon
By Lauren Landry
BOSTON — On April 18, 2013, three days after the Boston Marathon bombing, the life of MIT Police Officer Sean Collier was taken, both unexpectedly and too soon. A new mini-documentary called "Collier Strong" is now honoring that life, paying tribute to a man known as an everyday hero.
The eight-minute documentary, sponsored by NASCAR and FOX Sports, is narrated by Boston native Donnie Wahlberg. Collier's sisters Nicole Lynch and Jennifer Lemmerman, his stepsister Jenn Rogers, and Somerville Police Officer Bob Ankenbauer are also among those interviewed in the film.
Collier was posthumously sworn-in as a Somerville police officer the summer. His badge was retired following the ceremony, where family and local state officials met to celebrate his life. A memorial has also been erected at MIT on the corner of Main and Vassar Street, where Collier's life was senselessly taken.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy