Texas police kill 2 pit bulls mauling man, daughter
Police officers arrived at the home and found the man on the ground, no longer able to defend himself due to his injuries
FORT WORTH, Texas — A father and daughter were both injured during a dog attack in Fort Worth. The incident started just after midnight on Tuesday in the 3300 block of North Crump Street, located in the northern part of the city.
The father and his two daughters were in the area looking for their own lost dog. According to an officer at the scene, the father heard a commotion coming from the side yard of a home. He then saw his dog being attacked by three pit bulls. He ran over to break up the dog fight. However, the pit bulls then turned on the man and began attacking him instead.
Police officers arrived at the home and found the man on the ground, no longer able to defend himself due to his injuries. His daughter was kneeling next to him, still trying to help out. One officer fired shots toward the animals and they scattered. But as the pit bulls then charged at the officer, he fired additional shots that killed at least two dogs.
Full Story: 2 People Hurt In Fort Worth Pit Bull Attack
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police