NY cop gives cold homeless man shirt off his back
Officer Carlos Ramos saw the man trying to rip a shirt in order to cover his freezing feet
NEW YORK — An NYPD officer is being credited with offering some Christmas kindness to a freezing homeless man by literally giving him the shirt off his back.
The New York Post reports Officer Carlos Ramos, 29, was tasked with searching for suspicious packages or activity on Manhattan’s East Side Friday morning when he encountered a shivering Robert William.
At the time, William was reportedly sitting barefoot on the sidewalk and trying to rip his shirt in half to wrap — and warm — his feet. William had removed his boots after getting them wet on a morning with sub-30-degree temperatures.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation