Ala. cop, 2 others killed in collision
Officer Jeffrey Hugh Bryant, 51, was killed when a vehicle hit his patrol car head-on
Duty Death: Jeffrey Hugh Bryant - [Centre, Alabama]
End of Service: 12/20/2013
By PoliceOne Staff
CHEROKEE COUNTY, Ala. — A Centre police officer, a woman, and her child were killed Friday in a two-car crash in Cherokee County.
Charity Sloane Brewster was driving with her two children when she swerved off the road and overcorrected, losing control of the vehicle and crashing into Officer Jeffrey Hugh Bryant’s patrol car, according to Al.com.
Bryant, 51, Brewster, 24, and her 2-year-old son were killed in the crash. A second child was flown to a nearby hospital in serious condition, according to ODMP.
Alabama State Troopers are investigating the crash.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help