Ga. police cover cab ride for man walking to court
The man told Lilburn Police Officer Andy Blimline that he received a ticket for a crash, but his car was totaled
LILBURN, Ga. — Twenty-nine miles is a long way to walk to court, but it's even longer when you do it on the coldest day in nearly two decades.
Lilburn police say a Fulton County man walked from a downtown Atlanta shelter to Lilburn Municipal Court on Tuesday morning for a traffic citation.
The man told Lilburn Police Officer Andy Blimline that he received a ticket for a crash, but his car was totaled, so he started walking to court at 1 a.m.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Mass. police end 'High Five Friday' at schools after complaints
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department