Ga. police cover cab ride for man walking to court
The man told Lilburn Police Officer Andy Blimline that he received a ticket for a crash, but his car was totaled
LILBURN, Ga. — Twenty-nine miles is a long way to walk to court, but it's even longer when you do it on the coldest day in nearly two decades.
Lilburn police say a Fulton County man walked from a downtown Atlanta shelter to Lilburn Municipal Court on Tuesday morning for a traffic citation.
The man told Lilburn Police Officer Andy Blimline that he received a ticket for a crash, but his car was totaled, so he started walking to court at 1 a.m.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend