Ga. police cover cab ride for man walking to court
The man told Lilburn Police Officer Andy Blimline that he received a ticket for a crash, but his car was totaled
LILBURN, Ga. — Twenty-nine miles is a long way to walk to court, but it's even longer when you do it on the coldest day in nearly two decades.
Lilburn police say a Fulton County man walked from a downtown Atlanta shelter to Lilburn Municipal Court on Tuesday morning for a traffic citation.
The man told Lilburn Police Officer Andy Blimline that he received a ticket for a crash, but his car was totaled, so he started walking to court at 1 a.m.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house