Ga. police cover cab ride for man walking to court
The man told Lilburn Police Officer Andy Blimline that he received a ticket for a crash, but his car was totaled
LILBURN, Ga. — Twenty-nine miles is a long way to walk to court, but it's even longer when you do it on the coldest day in nearly two decades.
Lilburn police say a Fulton County man walked from a downtown Atlanta shelter to Lilburn Municipal Court on Tuesday morning for a traffic citation.
The man told Lilburn Police Officer Andy Blimline that he received a ticket for a crash, but his car was totaled, so he started walking to court at 1 a.m.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help