Texas cop and boy reunite for another game of catch
Cameras were rolling as the officer and the 10-year-old reunited
By Damali Keith
My Fox Houston
ROSENBERG, Texas — Millions have now watched as a Rosenberg Police officer stops and tosses a football with a little boy who was playing alone.
Cameras were rolling as the officer and the 10-year-old reunited.
“That's going to be an impact on my son's life for the rest of his life,” said mother, Tynesha Mathews. Sgt. Ariel Soltura exchanged phone numbers with the boy, Jermaine Ford, and told him “We are friends for life buddy.” He also gave the 10-year-old a tour of his cruiser.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert