Texas cop and boy reunite for another game of catch
Cameras were rolling as the officer and the 10-year-old reunited
By Damali Keith
My Fox Houston
ROSENBERG, Texas — Millions have now watched as a Rosenberg Police officer stops and tosses a football with a little boy who was playing alone.
Cameras were rolling as the officer and the 10-year-old reunited.
“That's going to be an impact on my son's life for the rest of his life,” said mother, Tynesha Mathews. Sgt. Ariel Soltura exchanged phone numbers with the boy, Jermaine Ford, and told him “We are friends for life buddy.” He also gave the 10-year-old a tour of his cruiser.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house