Community says final goodbye to fallen Utah deputy
Family members, friends, co-workers, fellow law enforcers and a community said goodbye Wednesday to Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Cory Wride
By Pat Reavy
OREM, Utah — Wednesday was all about remembering a fallen deputy.
"We want to make sure that this day is Cory's day of remembrance, that we bring sufficient honor to him and his sacrifice and pay tribute to the man that he was — both in his professional life as a deputy and in his personal life as the example that he was," Utah County Sheriff Jim Tracy said.
Family members, friends, co-workers, fellow law enforcers and a community said goodbye Wednesday to Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Cory Wride, a man who lived his life to provide service to others — and ultimately protected his community by making the ultimate sacrifice.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert