Body found believed to be missing Va. captain
Search crews say the body they believe to be that of Captain Kevin Quick was found in an area of Goochland County
Duty Death: Kevin Quick - [Waynesboro, Virginia]
End of Service: 01/31/2014
By PoliceOne Staff
LOUISA, Va. — The body of a reserve police captain missing since Friday has been found.
Search crews say the body they believe to be that of Captain Kevin Quick was found in an area of Goochland County. Crews began searching the area after receiving several tips, according to NBC 12.
Quick had been missing since Friday, after leaving his home to visit the mother of his 4-month-old daughter. He never arrived.
NBC 12 reports that Quick’s abandoned SUV was found Monday near the area of a shooting that occurred Sunday night.
On Tuesday, three siblings were arrested in connection with the disappearance. Two were charged with the theft of Quick’s SUV. Police say one of the suspects, Daniel Mathis, drove Quick’s SUV to a home Sunday night where he attempted to rob a family and shot a teen. Mathis was arrested on four felony warrants and three misdemeanor warrants in connection with the shooting.
State police are still looking for a fourth suspect who they believe knows something about Quick’s disappearance.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter