Photo of Va. cop aiding man in wheelchair goes viral
Richmond Police Officer Jordan Clark helped push a man in a wheelchair three blocks after his battery died
By Scott Wise
RICHMOND, Va. — A photo of Richmond Police Officer Jordan Clark helping a man whose wheelchair battery died is earning the officer praise on social media.
“Officer Clark responded and pushed the man for three blocks to 25th and Broad streets, where he had coordinated with GRTC to get the man picked up,” Richmond Police posted on Facebook. “He then helped the man get on the bus and then followed the bus to the man’s home near 21st and Q streets.”
Officer Clark’s job did not end there, according to police. When the bus arrived at the man’s home, police noted Officer Clark got out of his car and pushed the man another two blocks. When they arrived at the man’s home, police said Officer Clark helped the man safely get inside.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert