Photos: Hundreds of first responders create convoy for ill boy's birthday
Police, firefighters, and EMTs from across New England pulled together Thursday to make a boy’s birthday a dream-come true
By PoliceOne Staff
PASCOAG, R.I. — Police, firefighters, and EMTs from across New England pulled together Thursday to make a boy’s birthday a dream-come true.
Last month Tyler Seddon’s mother sent a request out of Facebook to first responders asking them to send birthday cards to her son, who was battling cancer for the second time and was about to celebrate his 7th birthday.
A convoy of emergency vehicles escorted Tyler — suited up in his own uniform — from one place to the next as he visited his school and headed to the police station where he was sworn in as an honorary police chief.
"My house is full of boxes. We have a 10-by-20 storage unit that's half full. So, we'll have a lot of presents to go through -- probably until next birthday!" Tyler's mother, Rachel Seddon said.
Police detailed every step of the journey via Twitter. See pictures of the adventure below.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert