Puerto Rico officer killed in shootout, partner wounded
Agent Joaquín Correa-Ortega and Sgt. Victor Perez were both fired upon while undercover conducting an arms purchase
Duty Death: Joaquín Correa-Ortega - [Puerto Rico]
End of Service: 03/10/2014
By PoliceOne Staff
HUMACAO, Puerto Rico — An undercover agent was killed in the line of duty Monday and his partner was shot in the head but survived.
Agent Joaquín Correa-Ortega and Sgt. Victor Perez were conducting an undercover arms purchase at a fair in Humacao where illegal trade was common when at least one assailant opened fire, according to ODMP.
Four subjects were arrested and charged in connection with his murder.
The 36-year-old officer was a 12 year veteran with the Puerto Rico Police.
Perez was listed in stable condition following surgery.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds