Mother of ill boy honors fallen LAPD cop featured in birthday video
Rhode Island mother paid her respects to fallen Officer Nicholas Lee, who was featured in a special birthday video for her son
CBS Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES —A Rhode Island mother Thursday paid her respects to fallen Los Angeles police Officer Nicholas Lee, who was featured in a special birthday video for her son battling leukemia.
Rachel Seddon flew from the East Coast to attend the memorial service of 40-year-old Lee, who was killed last Friday when his police cruiser was struck by a heavy duty truck in Beverly Hills.
“Tyler couldn’t be here because he was in the hospital, so I just figured what better thing to do than to come out and support them in their time of need, like they’re supporting me,” she said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police