Mother of ill boy honors fallen LAPD cop featured in birthday video
Rhode Island mother paid her respects to fallen Officer Nicholas Lee, who was featured in a special birthday video for her son
CBS Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES —A Rhode Island mother Thursday paid her respects to fallen Los Angeles police Officer Nicholas Lee, who was featured in a special birthday video for her son battling leukemia.
Rachel Seddon flew from the East Coast to attend the memorial service of 40-year-old Lee, who was killed last Friday when his police cruiser was struck by a heavy duty truck in Beverly Hills.
“Tyler couldn’t be here because he was in the hospital, so I just figured what better thing to do than to come out and support them in their time of need, like they’re supporting me,” she said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend