Veteran Mo. officer dies of heart attack
Captain Tom Rousset, 49, served with the Ozark Police Department for 16 years
By PoliceOne Staff
OZARK, Mo. — A Missouri officer died in his home Tuesday of an apparent heart attack.
Captain Tom Rousset, 49, served with the Ozark Police Department for 16 years, according to the Christian County Headliner. He was honored for 15-years of service in August of 2012.
“He was a true professional who did a wonderful job during his time with the department. He will be sorely missed. My condolences go out to his family at such a tough time,” Mayor Shane Nelson said.
According to Ozarks First, Rousset was serving as Assistant Chief of Police at the time of his passing.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house