Mass. officer killed in motorcycle crash
Officer Gregg Maloney was traveling westbound when he was knocked off his motorcycle
Duty Death: Greg Maloney - [Plymouth, Massachusetts]
End of Service: 04/01/2014
By PoliceOne Staff
PLYMOUTH, Mass. — A Plymouth motorcycle officer was killed in a crash Tuesday.
According to My Fox Boston, the officer involved has been identified as Officer Gregg Maloney.
Officer Maloney was a 17-year veteran of the Plymouth Police Department. He joined the motorcycle unit in 2009, according to CBS Boston.
Maloney was traveling westbound when he was knocked off his motorcycle. It is not currently clear what caused the accident.
Officer Maloney leaves behind a wife and two teenaged children, CBS Boston reported.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms