Mass. officer killed in motorcycle crash
Officer Gregg Maloney was traveling westbound when he was knocked off his motorcycle
Duty Death: Greg Maloney - [Plymouth, Massachusetts]
End of Service: 04/01/2014
By PoliceOne Staff
PLYMOUTH, Mass. — A Plymouth motorcycle officer was killed in a crash Tuesday.
According to My Fox Boston, the officer involved has been identified as Officer Gregg Maloney.
Officer Maloney was a 17-year veteran of the Plymouth Police Department. He joined the motorcycle unit in 2009, according to CBS Boston.
Maloney was traveling westbound when he was knocked off his motorcycle. It is not currently clear what caused the accident.
Officer Maloney leaves behind a wife and two teenaged children, CBS Boston reported.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds