NY officer, EMT dies from cardiac arrest
Officer suffered a pulmonary embolism and cardiac arrest
By PoliceOne Staff
OXFORD, N.Y. — A 33-year-old EMT and police officer died suddenly on Monday after suffering a pulmonary embolism and cardiac arrest.
Ed Ulfik worked as a medic for Chenango Ambulance and an officer for the Oxford Police Department.
“He was a wonderful man and was loved by so many,” said his fiancée Tiffani Rombach. “The support and love from our emergency services has been astronomical. He truly was a hometown hero and the community has made that very clear to us."
He will have a multi-county full response honorary funeral on April 12, and an April 5 benefit by The Chenango Fire Company will be directed to his funeral and bills.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department