Video: Boston cop saves suicidal man from tracks
A Transit police detective stopped a man from jumping on the tracks at the MBTA Park Street Station Wednesday
BOSTON — A Transit police detective stopped a man from jumping on the tracks at the MBTA Park Street Station Wednesday.
The man, who Transit police describe as suicidal, can be seen leaning over the edge of the tracks in surveillance video released Thursday.
"As the video depicts the male was about to jump into the 'pit' area when the quick acting detective was able to grab the male, practically in mid air, and prevent him from harming himself," said Transit police officials.
Reprinted with permission from MyFoxBoston.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend