Pa. school cop dies after breaking up brawl
High school officer died after an apparent heart attack a few hours after breaking up a fight between students
Duty Death: Daryl Giles - [Philadelphia, Pennsylvania]
End of Service: 06/02/2014
By PoliceOne Staff
PHILADELPHIA — A police officer at a Philadelphia high school died after an apparent heart attack a few hours after breaking up a fight between students.
According to ABC 6, 50-year-old Sgt. Daryl Giles died Monday after breaking up a large brawl that broke out at the high school.
Giles told a fellow officer he was experiencing chest pains, and was found collapsed on the floor of a restroom at the school. He was transported to a hospital and pronounced dead, according to the report.
Giles was a 19-year-veteran of the force and a U.S. Army veteran, ODMP reported.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house