Pa. school cop dies after breaking up brawl
High school officer died after an apparent heart attack a few hours after breaking up a fight between students
Duty Death: Daryl Giles - [Philadelphia, Pennsylvania]
End of Service: 06/02/2014
By PoliceOne Staff
PHILADELPHIA — A police officer at a Philadelphia high school died after an apparent heart attack a few hours after breaking up a fight between students.
According to ABC 6, 50-year-old Sgt. Daryl Giles died Monday after breaking up a large brawl that broke out at the high school.
Giles told a fellow officer he was experiencing chest pains, and was found collapsed on the floor of a restroom at the school. He was transported to a hospital and pronounced dead, according to the report.
Giles was a 19-year-veteran of the force and a U.S. Army veteran, ODMP reported.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court