Hundreds of cops attend graduation for son of slain Ga. officer
On May 31 the teen lost his father, Officer Kevin Jordan, in a shooting outside a local restaurant
GRIFFIN, Ga. — Hundreds of law enforcement officers watched the son of a slain Griffin police officer graduate from high school.
Hezekiah Jordan proudly accepted his high school diploma from Griffin High School surrounded by friends, family and dozens of law enforcement officers who couldn't replace his father, but represented what he stood for.
His father was fatally shot May 31 while attempting to arrest Chantell Mixon at a Griffin Waffle House. Her boyfriend, Michael Bowman, allegedly shot Officer Kevin Jordan five times during that arrest.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation