Hundreds of cops attend graduation for son of slain Ga. officer
On May 31 the teen lost his father, Officer Kevin Jordan, in a shooting outside a local restaurant
GRIFFIN, Ga. — Hundreds of law enforcement officers watched the son of a slain Griffin police officer graduate from high school.
Hezekiah Jordan proudly accepted his high school diploma from Griffin High School surrounded by friends, family and dozens of law enforcement officers who couldn't replace his father, but represented what he stood for.
His father was fatally shot May 31 while attempting to arrest Chantell Mixon at a Griffin Waffle House. Her boyfriend, Michael Bowman, allegedly shot Officer Kevin Jordan five times during that arrest.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend