'Courageous' manager helps cops arrest robbers
The bank manager followed the suspect two blocks to give cops a description of the robber and his getaway vehicle
By Stefanie Dazio
ENGLEWOOD, N.J. — Two men are in custody after a bank manager followed a robbery suspect for two blocks through the city’s downtown Friday afternoon, watched him get into a waiting car and gave police a description, authorities said.
Michael Hall, 53, and Clarence Jones, 46, both of Paterson were then arrested on Route 4 in Paramus, according to police.
Hall and Jones are charged with bank robbery and remain in the Bergen County Jail on $500,000 bail. Hall also faces a resisting-arrest charge.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court