Texas cop's rescue of lost pit bull goes viral
Sergeant Gary Carter went out on a call from some people worried about a vicious dog, but when he arrived, he realized it was the dog that needed help
By Tim Ciesco
ARLINGTON, Texas — An Arlington Police officer’s act of kindness towards a pit bull is going viral. Sergeant Gary Carter went out on a call from some people worried about a vicious dog, but when he arrived, he realized it was the dog that needed help.
In an effort to find his owner or find him a new home, Arlington Police wrote a post on facebook describing the situation. As of 5:00pm Friday, that post had been viewed more than 4 million times, and had nearly 74,000 likes and 7,800 comments.
Fortunately, Jeffrey had a microchip and was reunited with his owner, Antonio Mireles, Friday morning. Mireles says Jeffrey, who he just got last week, escaped through his fence.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert