Video: Pickup game between Mo. cops, kids goes viral
The officers said taking 30 minutes to play isn’t that rare; it just happened to be captured on camera this time
By Sean McDowell and Michelle Pekarsky
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A man identified on Facebook as a teacher of special education at J.C. Harmon High School in Kansas City, Kan., posted a video to his page of police officers playing basketball with kids.
“There have been several times we’ve stopped to play basketball with them, throwing the football around and stuff like that,” said Officer Todd Templeton.
He, along with officers Tanner Moats and William Hooley said taking 30 minutes to play isn’t that rare; it just happened to be captured on camera this time.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests