13-year-old Md. girl honored for saving cop's dog
On Wednesday, a 4-year-old Shiloh Shepard thanked the child that saved its life in May
By John Gonzalez
DAMASCUS, Md. — On Wednesday, a 4-year-old Shiloh Shepard thanked the child that saved its life in May.
Also thanking the child was the Montgomery County police officer who owns the dog, named Quest.
Police officer Nicole Gamard said she was on duty one afternoon in May when she answered the call for police assistance at a house fire in Damascus. Within seconds, she realized the house on fire was her own.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter