RI cop helps deliver baby at residence
A family in Foster welcomed a baby daughter into the world with the help of a local police officer
By Angie Angers
FOSTER, R.I. — A family in Foster welcomed a baby daughter into the world with the help of a local police officer.
Patrolman Micheal Kitson responded to the call late Saturday night for a woman who was about to give birth. The officer responded to the home in Foster and helped the woman through her final moments of labor before unwrapping the umbilical cord from around the baby’s neck and clearing her airway so she could breathe.
The 22-year-old officer credits his EMT training, but told Eyewitness News he never imaged he would use it.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house