Video: Md. trooper saves suicidal man seconds before jump
Trooper arrived just in time to grab the man as he attempted to leap off the Millard E. Tydings Memorial Bridge on Saturday
By PoliceOne Staff
CECIL COUNTY, Md. — Dash cam footage of a trooper’s rescue of a man mere seconds before he jumps off a bridge has been released by the Maryland State Police Department.
According to WBAL-TV, the trooper arrived just in time to grab the man as he attempted to leap off the Millard E. Tydings Memorial Bridge on Saturday.
WBAL reports Trooper Joshua Kim witnessed the man walking along the bridge before spotting a parked car along the same path the man was traveling.
The parked car caused the trooper to turn around to check on the man.
As the trooper arrived, the man began to climb over. Thanks to Kim’s quick reaction time, he was able to grab the man before his fall.
The man was transported to a hospital for his safety. He later cited medical and familial problems as the reasoning behind his intent to jump, according to the report.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert