Video: Md. trooper saves suicidal man seconds before jump
Trooper arrived just in time to grab the man as he attempted to leap off the Millard E. Tydings Memorial Bridge on Saturday
By PoliceOne Staff
CECIL COUNTY, Md. — Dash cam footage of a trooper’s rescue of a man mere seconds before he jumps off a bridge has been released by the Maryland State Police Department.
According to WBAL-TV, the trooper arrived just in time to grab the man as he attempted to leap off the Millard E. Tydings Memorial Bridge on Saturday.
WBAL reports Trooper Joshua Kim witnessed the man walking along the bridge before spotting a parked car along the same path the man was traveling.
The parked car caused the trooper to turn around to check on the man.
As the trooper arrived, the man began to climb over. Thanks to Kim’s quick reaction time, he was able to grab the man before his fall.
The man was transported to a hospital for his safety. He later cited medical and familial problems as the reasoning behind his intent to jump, according to the report.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform