Mont. deputy killed during pursuit
A sheriff’s deputy died during the pursuit of a suspect Thursday
Duty Death: Joe Dunn - [Cascade County, Montana]
End of Service: 08/15/2014
By PoliceOne Staff
GREAT FALLS, Mont. — A sheriff’s deputy died during the pursuit of a suspect Thursday.
The Great Falls Tribune reports multiple agencies responded to a high-speed pursuit Thursday afternoon when the incident occurred.
Deputy Joe Dunn, 33, was struck by driver Adam Sanchez as his vehicle was being pursued by police.
Police later stopped Sanchez, who then became involved in a physical confrontation with officers - punching at least one - before being TASERed and subdued.
Sanchez was transported to a hospital and has not yet been charged.
Dunn had been with the Cascade County Sheriff's Office for two years and five months, and was also a Marine veteran who served in Afghanistan, according to the report.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper