NY cop attends wedding of girl he saved 2 decades ago
In December 1993, Sergeant Barca responded to a house call that came in for a child not breathing
CHICAGO — At a Chicago park on Saturday, the Hamideh and Salah families had everything: great food, games for the kids. Some relatives traveled from as far as the West Bank to attend the wedding weekend.
But the honored guests, Captain Joseph Barca and his wife, drove from New York to see the young bride, Shammarah Hamideh.
In December 1993, Sergeant Barca responded to a house call that came in for a child not breathing.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help