NY cop attends wedding of girl he saved 2 decades ago
In December 1993, Sergeant Barca responded to a house call that came in for a child not breathing
CHICAGO — At a Chicago park on Saturday, the Hamideh and Salah families had everything: great food, games for the kids. Some relatives traveled from as far as the West Bank to attend the wedding weekend.
But the honored guests, Captain Joseph Barca and his wife, drove from New York to see the young bride, Shammarah Hamideh.
In December 1993, Sergeant Barca responded to a house call that came in for a child not breathing.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter