The Up-Beat: 5 P1 posts that had cops laughing this week
Here's what had PoliceOne's Facebook audience rolling on the floor this week
By PoliceOne Staff
Facebook recently launched a new extension of their ‘like’ feature that allows readers to more accurately express their feelings about a story – something police officers aren’t shy about doing. Below are this week's posts that garnered the most laughs from PoliceOne's Facebook page, from an Ohio criminal's moment of shame to an unlikely collaboration between Austin cops and a police misconduct watchdog.
5. Ohio police hope Wal-Mart thief is 'embarrassed' by wearing sign
Crime truly doesn’t pay – a Wal-Mart shoplifter learned that the hard way this week when he was sentenced to 10 days of standing outside the store he stole from while wearing a sign saying, "I am a thief. I stole from WalMart."
4. Video watchdog trying to catch police misconduct finds SXSW shooting suspect
An unlikely collaboration between a police watchdog and Austin officers led to the arrest of a man who fired multiple gunshots into the air during the SXSW music festival.
3. Video: Spring breaker nails Ala. cruiser with football, gets busted
A spring breaker’s brilliant decision to chuck a football at a cop car led to this amazing response by officers on social media: "Hey Kameron. We found you. Great arm. Bad decision."
2. Report: Ex-Subway pitchman Jared Fogle gets prison job serving sandwiches
Famed eater of terrible sandwiches and convicted pedophile Jared Fogle reportedly landed a job in prison making hoagies. While we have no official confirmation on whether prison sammies are of higher quality than the pitchman's former culinary drug of choice, we'd put money on it they are.
1. Mo. sheriff warns community their meth may be contaminated
"Just passed by the sheriff’s office and a line is already there. I guess there's a lot of meth users concerned about their health!!! Lol."
- The Up-Beat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house