Police urge holster use after man shoots own penis
A bullet accidentally fired from a pink handgun struck the penis of an Arizona man
By PoliceOne Staff
CHANDLER, Ariz. — An accidental bullet struck the penis of an Arizona man who was carrying his fiance's gun in the waistband of his pants.
When the pink handgun fired during the couple's visit to a grocery store on Sunday, Joshua Seto, 27, immediately began bleeding heavily, and fiance Cara Christopher promptly called 911, according to USA Today.
Christopher was instructed to use pressure to stop the bleeding and to avoid looking at the wound -- which she did anyway.
“I did look at it," Christopher said. "It's pretty bad."
Police are warning armed residents to exercise caution when handling firearms.
"Always treat firearms as though they are loaded," Chandler Police Detective Seth Tyler said. "If you are going to carry a handgun on your person, use a holster, not your waistband."
It was unclear whether Seto had been released from the hospital or if there will be permanent damage, police said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms