'Cookie monster' steals iconic golden cookie, ransoms cookies for sick kids
"Otherwise it will end up with the Oscar [the Grouch] in the dustbin," the letter says
HANNOVER, Germany — The culprit behind the theft of a golden cookie from a German company's headquarters dressed as Cookie Monster for a picture accompanying a ransom note.
Bahlsen headquarters in Hannover said the Leibniz cookie, which has been on display outside the facility since 1913, was stolen during the weekend and chairman Werner Behlsen offered a $1,353.90 reward for information leading to its return, The Local.de reported Wednesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert