'Gingerbread man' who taunted cops gets caught
The suspected drug dealer left a note taunting police, but was caught soon afterward
By PoliceOne Staff
LANSDALE, Pa. — An alleged drug dealer who posted a note to a news website to police stating he would not be caught has been arrested after a brief foot pursuit.
Mark Gross Jr. wrote on the site to police, “im not turnin my self....run run as fast as u can u cant catch me im da ginger bread man......sincierly da gingerbread man,” according to The Philadelphia Inquirer.
Gross was wanted for selling drugs, and an attorney had issued a press release asking for the public's help in locating him.
When police caught Gross in a parking lot, the suspect allegedly tossed four bags of heroin as he ran, according to the article.
He has been charged with flight to avoid apprehension, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia, police stated.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic