'Gingerbread man' who taunted cops gets caught
The suspected drug dealer left a note taunting police, but was caught soon afterward
By PoliceOne Staff
LANSDALE, Pa. — An alleged drug dealer who posted a note to a news website to police stating he would not be caught has been arrested after a brief foot pursuit.
Mark Gross Jr. wrote on the site to police, “im not turnin my self....run run as fast as u can u cant catch me im da ginger bread man......sincierly da gingerbread man,” according to The Philadelphia Inquirer.
Gross was wanted for selling drugs, and an attorney had issued a press release asking for the public's help in locating him.
When police caught Gross in a parking lot, the suspect allegedly tossed four bags of heroin as he ran, according to the article.
He has been charged with flight to avoid apprehension, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia, police stated.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman