Officer criticized for writing police report on behalf of K-9
Prosecution service staff repeatedly requested that Peach write a report, so his fed-up partner wrote it for him
Paisley Daily Express
United Kingdom — A police dog was forced to 'write' a witness statement after prosecution officials repeatedly demanded it provide evidence for a court case.
The pooch — called Peach — was asked by Crown Prosecution Service staff to recount details of an arrest where it assisted.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests