Video: Texas cop rolls down embankment during traffic stop
Dash cam shows the officer lose his footing and roll backwards, but he quickly gets back on his feet
By Bethany Moore
KILGORE, Texas — An East Texas detective is becoming an internet sensation, but not for his heroics this time. In the dashcam video, Detective Sergeant David Falco and Detective John Rowe were searching a car on a routine traffic stop. Suddenly, Falco rolled down an embankment. He quickly — and gracefully — caught himself and popped back up.
The dashcam video is actually six years old, but was just posted for the world to see on Wednesday on the Kilgore Police Department's Facebook page. Since then, the comments and 'likes' have poured in.
"They came to me and said, 'Hey would you mind if we post that video?' And I said, 'Not a problem,'" laughed Falco. "I mean, I think it's funny and it shows the lighter side of what we do."
Full Story: East Texas dashcam video goes viral
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house