Video: Kangaroo leads Fla. police on pursuit
Police and a wildlife conservation team worked together to eventually subdue the animal
By Pierce Sharpe
DADE CITY, Fla. — A 5-foot-tall, 200-pound male kangaroo on the loose north of Dade City since Saturday night was tranquilized, TASERed and tackled before being captured Sunday.
The Pasco County Sheriff’s Office received a couple of calls Saturday when people spotted a kangaroo on the loose, but the marsupial eluded deputies that night. Police had an easier time finding the brownish-red animal Sunday, but the creature still alluded efforts to capture it.
Deputies eventually corned the pouched perpetrator, waiting for backup and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.Over the next couple of hours, the kangaroo alternated between resting and checking the perimeter of its enclosure, either looking for a way out or making sure no one was coming in.
Full Story: VIDEO: Kangaroo leads police on wild chase
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen